I was going to ask this on the regular Wix website, but apparently there isn't a community forum there, only on the X site? Odd...Anyway.
I began studying web development in the fall and have been struggling with it quite a bit. I just recently within the past few days discovered Wix has improved A LOT over the years. The last time I looked at it was many, many years ago when basically all it was good for was building a basic single page landing page or a simple blog page. I wanted to check it out to try to find out if I would be able to use it instead of investing more time in web development. One aspect I REALLY struggle with is Design and UI layout when trying to write that in code, so though Wix might be able to help with that at least.
I see that you can now have databases (or "collections"), a more robust editor, ability to add npm packages, write code yourself, etc. I have been exploring both the standard Wix and Editor X editors today to try to get a feel for what they are capable of, as well as the platform as a whole, but I'm still not sure whether the Wix platform will allow me to create the project I have in mind.
The project I want to make will need the following features: - Users with associated profile page - Pages which are "owned" / associated with certain users, or potentially the same page re-used but populated with the particular user's information with the ability for users to edit data on the page.
- User logins and login "state" throughout the site.
- Ranking of users with Reviews
- Populating certain content based on that user's reviews
- Embedded maps with custom pins
- On-site messaging between users (not necessarily live messaging, but something more akin to a "PM" on a forum or Reddit, though live messaging would be an added bonus.
- Appointment booking and scheduling (able to be approved or denied by a user)
- Potentially a community forum but that is low priority.
Is it possible to build an application of this scope using the Wix platform?