I'm using editor X, and after I finished editing multiple pages I tested them live on Chrome, Firefox and Edge and they all work flawlessly. I was shocked to find out that when using Safari V13.0, 14.0 and 14.3 (on both iOS devices using iPhone or macOS using mac), the code breaks .
it messes up the site functionality and a lot of things are not working as expected (again - this happens when using Safari only, this errors do not occur on all the other supported browsers!)
Here's how to recreate the problem:
go to the link: https://vypelink.link/login Enter credentials: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Password: testing You will be directed to a member page with an editor to the left. If you're on chrome/edge/firefox (on both Android/Desktop devices), the tabs on the left ("GENERAL", "LINKS", "SOCIAL", "DONATIONS") are clickable and clicking them will switch between tab sections. In addition, when clicking the "Copy" button at the top of the page, the button text changes to "Copied!" and the text is copied to clipboard. This is the expected behaviour. When I used Safari on multiple new iPhones ,iPads and one mac device (with browser versions varying from V14.3 to V13.0) - None of these expected behaviours were working. This works flawlessly on all other browsers / devices and completely breaks on Safari, which is very weird & problematic of course.
I don't know if the console errors that are printed to the developer console on safari are the reason that the code breaks, but It might be the case. so here's the errors that appear on safari :
2. ReferenceError: Can't find variable: ResizeObserver
2. Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 429 (TOO MANY REQUESTS )
Screenshot (this page is empty, no code or elements were added yet still this errors appear):